West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme 2023: Apply Online, Eligibility & Benefits – The Higher Education Department, Government of West Bengal launched the Student Credit Card Scheme for the students of West Bengal to enable them to pursue education without having any financial constraints. WB Student Credit Card Scheme aims to support students to pursue secondary, higher secondary, madrasah, undergraduate, and post-graduate studies including professional degrees and other equivalent courses in any School, Madrasah, College, University, and other affiliated institutes within and outside India.
In this article, you will find a West Bengal student credit card. its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure, and so on.
West Bengal Student Credit Card 2023: Overview
|Scheme Name||West Bengal Student Credit Card|
|Launched By||Government Of West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Students Of West Bengal|
|Objective||To Provide Loans For Higher Education|
|Amount Of Loan||Upto Rs 10 Lakh|
|Repayment Period||15 Years After Getting a Job|
West Bengal Student Credit Card: Purpose
- Students who are studying in various coaching institutions for appearing in different competitive examinations like Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS, IPS, WBCS, etc, can take advantage of the scheme.
- A student can get a maximum loan of Rs. 10 lakhs @ 4% per annum simple interest from the State Cooperative Bank and its affiliated Central Cooperative Banks District Central Cooperative Banks and Public/ Private Sector Banks.
West Bengal Student Credit Card: Repayment Period
- The repayment period will be 15 years for any loan availed under this Credit Card including the Moratorium/ repayment holiday.
- A 1% interest concession will be provided to the borrower if the interest is fully serviced during the study period.
- The upper age limit for interested students has been kept at 40 years at the time of applying for a loan.
West Bengal Student Credit Card: Eligibility Criteria
- Should be a permanent resident of West Bengal.
- Should be living in West Bengal for a period of at least 10 years.
- The upper age limit to apply is 40 years.
West Bengal Student Credit Card: Required Documents
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Age proof
- Ration card
- Income certificate
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph
How to Apply West Bengal Student Credit Card Scheme Online?
- Visit the official website of the West Bengal student credit card scheme @https://wbscc.wb.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on Student Registration.
- The registration form will be displayed on the screen.
- Enter the required details such as Applicant name, Date of birth, Gender, Aadhar number, Program type, Program name, State of an institution, District of an institution, Name of institution, Mobile number, Email ID, Password, etc.
- click on the register
- Unique ID will be created.